Social shopping networks are changing the shopping habits of consumers everywhere. By combining the consumer shopping experience with online socializing and information gathering, these networks are enjoying more traffic while quickly growing in numbers to meet a variety of consumer needs. Sports and fitness lovers can maximize their shopping time by visiting some of these social shopping networks. The time leftover and money saved on your purchases will give you more time and money to devote to your sport.
- GiftEm.com. The introduction of GiftEm was recently released to the public with a focus on streamlining the online shopping process for consumers buying for themselves and others. Each member of GiftEm creates a personal profile where they can specify the categories and items they prefer. The free service allows you to find great deals on your favorite sports and fitness ideas, receive alerts for your sports-fanatic friends’ birthdays and create your own gift registry. The more specific you are in your profile, the more GiftEm can customize your social shopping experience. Once the program understands that you love all things hockey, it will start notifying you of sales and items that might be of interest to you.
- Woot.com. Woot is a little bit different from many other social shopping networks in that it offers only one item per day. The inexpensive item is highlighted for an entire day and when it’s gone, or a new day begins, then the opportunity to buy it is gone, too. Woot showcases a variety of items, varying from entertainment to household to sport. The member forums provide consumers with a place to chat about products and provide reviews. Woot’s blog goes into further detail about the deal of the day, offering members a little bit of information and humor mixed together.
- WishPot.com. Add your wishes to WishPot so your community of friends and family members knows what you’re hoping to add to your collection of sports and fitness gear and clothing. On this social shopping network you can also see what the experts say about certain products, find and add other members to your shopping community and get price alerts about your favorite sports and fitness items. Instead of wasting time shopping, WishPot lets you know when the items you want are available.
- ThisNext.com. The small community you become part of at ThisNext will be influenced by your sports and fitness picks, and you’ll enjoy the benefits of learning about new items from other community members. ThisNext takes advantage of collective wisdom by gathering recommendations on a variety of items and letting you know what others think about the items you’re considering. ThisNext has a variety of sports and fitness items, and if you could use the guidance of another opinion you can find plenty at ThisNext.
- Buzzillions.com. Knowledge is power and it helps you make wiser purchases on your sports and fitness gear and clothing. After you enter your interests, Buzzillions matches you with countless other consumers who share them. You’ll have access to product reviews and recommendations that help you make the best choice possible when shopping for new fitness and sports items. Although Buzzillions isn’t a retailer, they do link to sites where you can make your purchases.
Time is a hotter commodity today than it ever has been before. To have enough time in your schedule for your sports and fitness activities you must be efficient with time throughout your day. Using social shopping networks helps you combine consumer research, shopping and informational discussion. This smart time management technique helps you get better deals on sports and fitness items while giving you more time in your schedule to use them.